Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Scoring an Orr for No. 800

As I inch closer to my Holy Grail of 1,072 pucks, I’m trying to become much more selective as I incorporate quality into the quantity.

Aside from upcoming trips to hound some of my favorite signing teams (the Buffalo Sabres and Ottawa Senators) and further confuse Boston's intelligence-challenged dealers, the premise behind puck-worthyness will soon take center ice.

My latest milestone, autographed puck No. 800, is no different.

Quality certainly took precedence over quantity. I was looking for a world-class name. Someone with instant name recognition, able to conjure images of on-ice glory at the mere mention of this milestone. A player who resonates not just with fans, but with players as well. One of God’s gifts to hockey.

Who did I get for puck No. 800? It was an Orr. Not Bobby Orr, the greatest defenseman to ever play the game. It was B's enforcer Colton "One-Punch" Orr.


Opposite ends of the spectrum? You bet! But, an Orr is an Orr, and both were/are pretty good at their trades.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home