Sunday, October 23, 2005

Storybook ending to No. 750

It’s unreasonable to think that every autographed puck in my collection will come from a Hall of Famer or certifiable superstar. That’s one of the reasons why I have a diverse collection. To me, a puck from a minor-league journeyman or a college player is just as memorable. That’s why I was pretty psyched to get a college player, though a No. 1 draft pick, for my 750th puck.

Brian Lee, a freshman defenseman for the highly regarded University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, signed an Ottawa Senators puck for the latest milestone. Lee, the ninth-overall pick in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, also signed a Team USA puck.

Besides the milestone, I’ll best remember Lee for an exchange he had with my son, Colin:

Brian Lee: “Hey, buddy, do you want an autograph?
Colin: “My daddy calls me buddy.”
Brian Lee: “My dad called me buddy, too.”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That exchange was so cute!

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home